Friday, June 26, 2009

So long, farewell . . .


I've had so much fun in Richmond, but it's time for me to say goodbye. I've learned about the Civil War's causes, course, and legacies from the three unique perspectives of war's Union, Confederate, and African American participants in a way I never knew before. I can't wait to tell my family and friends about this, and hope that you will take the time to add The American Civil at Historic Tredegar to your list of places to see as you plan your next vacation! It's worth the drive to Richmond to see this museum, especially as we begin to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War (or Sesquicentennial - can you even say that?)

You'll be hearing from me soon. Next stop . . . the Civil War Museum of Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment