Tuesday, May 15, 2012


DCC was a fun place to be for the Civil War Encampment day. The students and I learned a lot from the reanactors. The blacksmith taught us all about his job and how much fun it is.  Mrs. Aaron made homemade donuts and we each got to try one. I also learned how to play civil war era parlor games! These consisted of a cake walk and the ministers cat. We had some trouble thinking of adjectives, but we managed. One of my new friends, Emily, won a cake in the cake walk and she let me try a piece. It was really good! At the end of the day all of the middle school students sat around and discussed the day.  The girls that I spent most of my day with explained to the students who I was and I got to share my knowledge of the civil war with the students. Overall, I had a wonderful day. I will definitely miss DuBois Central Catholic Middle School:



- Civil War Sallie

No comments:

Post a Comment