Thursday, May 17, 2012

Today at the cooking station I had some of Mrs. Aaron’s famous donuts and some yummy dried homemade orange peels, a real treat during the 1860's.

I made a new friend today, he is the blacksmith (Mr. Murray). He told us that everybody that apprentices under him soon finds out about his little friend called Manuel Labor,  he comes around when they want to make something big, like a sword.

I also got to spend some time at the drilling station, where we learned many commands that they would use during most of the battles.  It was really confusing at first, I didn't know which way I was supposed to turn.  But after some practice, I got really pretty good a doing five paces left turn and doing a counter-turn.  Many good memories were made this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment