Monday, February 16, 2009

National Civil War Museum Part 1

Hello,

Yesterday, I went to the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg, PA. I enjoyed learning about the Civil War. I also got meet President Lincoln and have my picture taken with him. I even remembered to wish him a happy 200

Me with President Lincoln


I enjoyed going through the gallery and looking at the different artifacts about the Civil War. They had displays on slavery, medicine, music, artillery, the role of women in the war and lots uniforms and equipment the soldiers would have worn. In the gallery, they also talked about the Camp Curtain that was located in Harrisburg, Pa. Camp Curtain was a Union training camp during the Civil War.

Here are some photos from my visit:


Here I am looking at a diorama of battle of Antietam, this is Burnside's Bridge


Some of the cooking utinsils solders would have used


Did you know that soldiers played marbles, chess and dominos?


Here is a photo of some drums and a bugle. Soldiers played music both in camp and while marching to help regulate their day and to pass the time.


In part two of my visit to the Civil War museum I will show you more photos of what I saw and learned.


Sallie Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment