Monday, September 14, 2009

Clara Barton's Home Part 3

Since I've been so busy traveling, I completly forgot to post this final installment on my visit to the Clara Barton Home in Glen Echo, MD.

In this final post about my visit to the Clara Barton home in Glen Echo, MD I thought that I would share some of my favorite photos that I took during my visit. Please be sure to check out Part 1 and Part 2 of my visit.

This is the sign that welcomed us to Clara's home


This is the front of Clara's home


Here Ranger Finta is showing us the supply closets that were hidden in the walls of the home



Here is a view looking out of the attic of the home toward the front of the house. Check out those stained glass windows!


Here is a picture of Clara's bed where she slept and she actually died in this bed too.


This chair is in the den on the first floor. I really like how you can see the American Flag and the Red Cross flag. Did you know that the Red Cross flag is actually the same as the Swiss flag but with reverse colors? That's how they came up with the flag.


Here is one of the desks in the office of the Red Cross. Look at all those drawers!


This is the dining room where Clara and those who worked for the Red Cross would have dinner or lunch.


Here I am resting after a wonderful tour of the Clara Barton home. I highly recommend that you visit. If you do stop by, please tell the Rangers that I said hello.


No comments:

Post a Comment