Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm in Sunny California!

Phew! I have finally made it to Pleasant Hill, California. It was an extra long trip, taking about a day and a half more than I thought it would. But I'm here now and so excited to be meeting new people and learning a lot with these middle school students.

I arrived after school had already gotten out yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to meet any students. I did, however, get to sit in on a faculty meeting and be introduced to everyone. I had to stand up in front of everyone and talk about myself and some of my travels. It was a bit nerve-wracking, but everyone here is so nice that they made me feel welcome right away.

Before school this morning, I had to go to the principal's office. No, I wasn't in trouble; not everyone who goes to the principal's office is in trouble. Sometimes it's for a really, really good thing! I wanted to meet with Mrs. Gannon-Briggs before meeting the students of the school so I could answer any questions she might have about me. We had a very nice chat so early in the morning; she's a very nice lady.

I'll write all about my first day here in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment