Monday, April 2, 2012

Causes of the Civil War



Sorry that this post is late. I learned so much on Friday that I needed the weekend to gather my thoughts. On Friday, after my arrival to Ms. Lewis' class, the students presented their Road Maps to the Civil War. This was an amazing project! From the presentations, I learned about 10 events that led to the Civil War. It seems that a lot was being done in the country to keep everything balanced and fair regarding free and slave states. There were a lot of compromises that were created to help with this but they did not help. Also, the issue of slavery period was a big deal as well. So much so, a woman by the name of Harriet Beecher Stowe, wrote a book titled Uncle Tom's Cabin to tell about the cruelty of slavery. I also learned about the election of Abraham Lincoln and listened to a story about him too. I had no idea that President Lincoln had a patent! After the story, we watched a Brain Pop video about the causes of the Civil War. Tim and Moby really helped me to understand the video and they are funny too! After that, we took a quiz using an Active Classroom Response system. I thought it was pretty cool to be able to respond using the clicker instead of having to use paper and pencil. Well, today is my last day with Ms. Lewis' classes, I will blog again before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment