Wednesday, April 4, 2012



Wow! What a great day at Youngblood Intermediate. Today, I spent some time in Ms. Fallos's class. The class is concluding their study of the Civil War in just a few days. Today the class was divided into five groups. Each group created a short lesson to teach me something that they learned during their study of the Civil War. One group read me a book called Honest Abe. This book taught me all about the trials and tribulations that Abraham Lincoln went through before he became one of our great presidents. Another group read me the book Pink and Say. This was such a touching story of two young boys who were soldiers in the Civil War. I was also introduced to the book Moses. This is the story of Harriet Tubman, another influential person during the time of the Civil War. I had a great time learning from all of these books. Two of the other groups taught me a new song about hardtack biscuits...these were little crackers made out of flour and water (and sometimes beetles) that the soldiers had to eat during the Civil War. I learned so much today. It's amazing what you can learn from books and songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment